Monday 28 December 2015

Inside the Middle East

What if reality exceeds your imagination???
ultra morden city
     Season’s Greetings! This post should have come earlier but the issue was that I had so much to say and I know how lengthy post puts you off. Therefore, I had to do major reconstructions. I decided to skip the annoying pre-inside-the-middle-east tale featuring Nigerian Immigration, aviation security etc, story for another day. I'll quickly add that I've discovered over time that taking leave of work is not your right rather it's a rare privilege, story for another day too!
      So I came. I saw. And I wowed! Wow is the only all-encompassing word or sound to describe Dubai, adjectives won't do it justice. In this city the Arabs don't do anything by halves from the buildings to shopping malls to the beach everything there has to be record breaking. The attitude is the bigger the better. So keywords here are tallest, biggest, grandest, the first, the only, 7 stars, man-made or artificial. They say it's the Las Vegas of the Middle East. The city never sleeps, always alive and well illuminated at night. The generally acceptable language is English or more of bad English lolz. People are friendly. Arrived at the world's largest airport terminal, the Dubai  International Airport Terminal 3 - massive structure.
      Checked out sights such as the world's tallest building Burj Khalifa among other skyscrapers scraping the sky. Well constructed  innovative architectural structures looking so unreal and extravagant. The world's only seven stars hotel Burj Al Arab shaped like a yatch on an artificial island, The world's largest shopping mall Dubai mall that has a large Aquarium (kinda an aqua zoo) and an Olympic size indoor ice skating rink. It is not possible to to cover the entire mall in one day even if you are just window shopping. Beside it is the World's largest dancing fountain, watched the captivating rhythmic choreography of water, light & sound. Other malls visited are City Centre, Dubai Marina Mall and Festival City. I was at the Gold Souk (The Gold Market), home of the world's largest gold ring (Najmat Taiba). I was opportune to be at the world's tallest hotel JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel. Breathtaking views at Dubai marina home of the tallest residential buildings. Witnessed the dazzling display of fireworks at the Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) on their independence day. Jumeirah beach boasts of clean and fine sand, the water is crystal clear and warm. And the sun shines everyday, talking about perfect! they say its artificial too. Others sights visited include Dubai Creek, Dubai Creek Park. Not forgetting the safari dessert sitting in a Toyota Land Cruiser that jumps through the dune, wild ride, dune bashing, sand skiing,belly dancing, camels, shisha and an Arabic buffet dinner. I had Ethiopia food, Chinese food, Texas cuisine thanks to Texas Road House & Buffalo Wings finger licking experience, how did I omit Paul's Financiers - yummy cake, The farm restaurant, Dubai sharwama *different from ours*. I can't leave out the velvet roar of Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the road or at the parking lot talking about luxury. Visited other emirates like Ajman & Sharjah even went to another country. Yup! Oman.
      I spent only a few days so I couldn't do everything I wanted to do, so many places I didn't visit and so many rides I didn't go on. Enjoyed my trip very much, looking forward to returning soon. Then I should have so much money that I can afford to waste it lolz. Money aids enjoyment *winks* ;) you gotta to try and make it to Dubai someday. And the post is still long, i didn't even say everything.



14 comments:

NEEM said...

To travel is to live. Its educating, refreshing,....... its relaxing. Its good to know you had fun.....
I have bin to dubai 5 times and honestly I do not think i had as much fun as you have, maybe becos the First time i had company dt were interested in buying to sell nd i had to stick with them. 2nd, 3rd nd 4th were 3 days transit stopovers nd the time just zooms and i am rushing back to the airport. 5th time i slept for d first 2 days, went to places i had gone before, Procastinated to go for tours and i woke up and it was time to reurn home / or becos i am boring/ I am a very picky eater( just give me garri and i am fine)./ i am a broke ass nd dos tours can be expensive!
I v bin to Sharjah , Aj.... , Abu dhabi. Never to Oman etc.
I must confess that i am in love wt UAE. From the airport to the markets, malls, sights,
My 2016 Goal/wish/hope/aspirations is to travel to New places and have a lot of FUN ( so help me God) with or without company.

NEEM said...

To travel is to live. Its educating, refreshing,....... its relaxing. Its good to know you had fun.....
I have bin to dubai 5 times and honestly I do not think i had as much fun as you have, maybe becos the First time i had company dt were interested in buying to sell nd i had to stick with them. 2nd, 3rd nd 4th were 3 days transit stopovers nd the time just zooms and i am rushing back to the airport. 5th time i slept for d first 2 days, went to places i had gone before, Procastinated to go for tours and i woke up and it was time to reurn home / or becos i am boring/ I am a very picky eater( just give me garri and i am fine)./ i am a broke ass nd dos tours can be expensive!
I v bin to Sharjah , Aj.... , Abu dhabi. Never to Oman etc.
I must confess that i am in love wt UAE. From the airport to the markets, malls, sights,
My 2016 Goal/wish/hope/aspirations is to travel to New places and have a lot of FUN ( so help me God) with or without company.

Unknown said...

Good write up, thanks for sharing your experience with us , Like they say ' You've not lived until you visit Dubai. I sure can't wait to visit Dubai

Ifeanyi said...

Thanks a mill for sharing ur experience Uty, u'll definitely require more posts to completely express those feelings.. If u ask me, I'ld like to hear about that 'pre-inside-the-middle-east tale o.. lol ...
Nice work, thumbs up!

Memeey said...

Nice write up, would like to visit Dubai someday

Matanmee said...

Here's all I know about Dubai: It's one of those somewhere-over-there places where they make sand.......lols
On a candid note, Dubai, with all of its glitz and glamour rose in the heart of the desert and one of the main characteristics that differentiates Dubai from other commercial centres is its openness to innovation and the freedoms it grants people and institutions to operate. I am looking forward to going to Dubai because it gives
us an opportunity to catch real fun and sightsee a lot of places.
I can sit and enjoy other's company.
I can go out for a walk without worrying about shooting schedules. Thanks for you sharing you experience uty. Hope to soak more from you.

Unknown said...

Lovely writeup babes.Thanks for sharing your experience.I know Dubai is a lovely place,well so I've been told *big smile* I'm yet to visit ,even my pastor says it's where you get n see really exotic stuffs n believe me, your post has made me know that I really gats to visit.Thanks again for sharing babes. Good job *big smile*

Anonymous said...

Great post Uty. Your post make me want to get on the next available flight to Dubai. Sounds very exciting. Good to know that you had fun. Well for those of us who haven't been there yet How much does a one week trip cost on the average including tours to all thIse fin places you mentioned. Did you use a travel agent? I'd be glad to hear from you. Keep up the Good work dear.

Francis said...

Wow! Nice write up you have there. I dey feel U joor! U 're right on point. Good thinking, Good Product. Cheers!!

Unknown said...

You are definitely right. Abu Dhabi, Dubai, has the biggest, largest, greatest, finest everything. I've not seen any airport in the entire America as fine as the Dubai airport. Infact, I'm glad u could get a beautiful picture of the tallest building because when my Ship sailed to Dubai and we were all trying to take a pit ure with the building. No one could get it. It's either your camera takes the top part. Or the middle. Or if you want to appear in the picture, only the down part of the building showed. It's so huge. Dubai is definitely a place to visit at least once in your lifetime. I feel sorry for people with misplaced priorities. Why people think America or the uk is heaven. But in my opinion, if amazing is what you want to experience in your vacation. Middle East is the place to go. And see things beyond the ordinary. I will definitely want to visit Dubai again and again.

biijay said...

U obviously enjoyed ur trip, take me along when u re going next,haha Lovely write up....

biijay said...

U obviously enjoyed ur trip, take me along when u re going next,haha Lovely write up....

Unknown said...

Woow!! D post felt like I was already in Dubai. *cry much* cos av not gone beyond the shores of Ikorodu river to CMS ferry park. One tin I tink u shud edit is ''leave is a right and not a privilege' but as u wrote, story for another day.

Unknown said...

Reading this for me is like an experience. You've brought Dubai closer with your fingers and your keyboard or is it your phone? As a grandson of a palm wine tapper, it's easier for me to appreciate nature and to fall in love with a mindset that is able to communicate nature with the finest of details. Many thanks to you, Chiuty.

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...