Sunday 12 May 2013

That Stuff on Your Head!

Let all things be done decently and in order - 1 Cor 14:40



What is it with Nigerian women in particular and their massive head ties? The thing really annoys me, especially when they wear it to Church. One Sunday I went to Church, there were two women sitting in front of me wearing their head tie; one directly in front of me and the other in front of her. At first it didn't really bother me as it was during praise and worship and we were dancing and moving about so I could still see past their head ties. Then, when praise and worship finished and we all sat down for the preaching and other things, to see past this woman's head tie was a problem. Believe me, I was boiling with annoyance inside of me. I came to Church to receive the word of God and this woman's head tie was blocking it. It's not even like I'm short, I'm tall enough, yet this woman still managed to make sure nobody behind her could see past her head tie!

OK, fine!!

I looked around to see if there were any seats that I could move to. Surprisingly, a Church that normally is not so full and would definitely have seats left, had no seat left! I said to myself, "Devil, you are a big liar! No head tie fashioned against me shall prosper!" I had to bend sideways and stretch my neck in all directions, just to see if I could see past her 'mobile house'. Finally, I managed to see past the woman sitting in front of me, but of course 'Mama d'law' sitting in front of her was wearing an even bigger one in bright pink. If you have ever watched a Nigerian film called 'Akirika' where Ngozi Nwosu wore a massive head tie and had to put it in the boot of the cab she took because she and the head tie couldn't fit in the car while it was still on her head, then you'd know the kind of head tie Mama d'law wore to to church. Till today I'm not too sure of what pastor preached that day because I was so annoyed and I eventually gave up trying to see as my neck and back started to ache. When the pastor is preaching, I like to see who is speaking and his/her body language; it helps me pay attention and understand him/her better (I'm just like that, it may be weird to you but anyway...).

Honestly, I had a strong urge to remove the thing from both their heads by myself. I sat throughout the service staring at the green and brown head tie in front of me. I feel sorry for whoever was sitting behind me as they too probably couldn't see behind the two head ties and my head moving around trying to see past them.


I found it funny and interesting after reading this on a blog that i decided to share because it communicates exactly what i experienced on the grand finale of our women's convention in church too. 

3 comments:

Tope said...

Interesting... Na real Madam Kofo(Nollywood actress) gele. Nice one dear.

nkechi said...

Laffs. And to think dat indecent dresses are d only distractions in church! Big geles have joined d long list. ◦°◦:D:D◦°◦ђёђёђё◦°◦:D:D◦°◦

Yemmie said...

You're really right. Infact I get upset about someone too tall sitting infront of me. Talkless of seeing big head ties. Arrrgghh.

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...