Saturday 29 August 2015

See Jamb Question

Na so he see me for road one day, He come dey ask stupid questions. Have I met you before? Is your brother Paul? Did you go to my school? Does your daddy play football?
Yea i know I went AWOL since the last post and for that I would like to apologise. Life has been crazy, hectic, new, exciting and weird.Quite a number of  posts went stale in my head. Sorry about the long silence

Few days ago, after work I picked up my phone from  where I abandoned it all day and saw that I had several unread messages demanding my attention. The numbers of messages from  my high school group on WhatsApp caught my attention (cause the turn up had been low lately) but on this day participation was higher than usual. Well the subject of discussion  was "So what's your favorite song of the moment?". Someone mentioned "jamb question" was on replay amongst others. I had never heard the song then ( please don't look so surprised I know it should be stale for some people by now but you know what they say better late than never). The title was catchy so I promised myself to look up the song but never did. 

In the early hours of the morning today, I coincidentally came across a post  by one my favourite bloggers titled "Simi is Bae! Jamb question has been on replay" with the YouTube link to the music video and was like "this song again". Quickly, I downloaded it full of expectation. People! it didn't  disappoint. I love the 80's or is it 70s theme (I don't know sef), the location, the costumes, the colours, the concept, Simi's voice, the dialogue, the  hilarious lyrics. That dude Falz, he wont kii sombory honezly plus his yoruba intonation used in the rap at the end. Favourite lines were "does your daddy play football?", "did you ever go to Redeem?" "did you ever spoke with him?" lolz. Anxiously waiting for the rest of the video....
                                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...